Everyone who is coming to the Walk needs to register whether you are walking, sponsoring a walker, or just planning to participate in the Walk activities. We look forward to sharing our 11th Out of the Darkness Community Walk with you.
Registering is important for you!
for the following reasons
- Everyone who is coming to the Walk needs to register whether you are walking, sponsoring a walker, or just planning to participate in being a part of the program. We want a count to be sure we can best accommodate you and also have enough complementary food, drinks, mental health information and handouts.
- If you have any questions or problems in registering, to get help you can email the American Foundation for Suicide Prevention at email@example.com or call at 212-363-3500.
- When you are registered you are officially a part of the Walk.
- After the Walk , if you are registered you can receive a "Certificate of Participation". Many organizations , military commands or individuals request this verification to acknowledge their community involvement. To receive a certificate, click here.
- To have an opportunity to receive the handmade crane quilt.
This is a beautiful gift (not a money-making raffle) that is given in a drawing at the After-Walk picnic.
You can only receive a quilt ticket if you're registered.
2016 Registration is Now Open
PLEASE READ BEFORE REGISTERING (by clicking the 'REGISTER Now!' button below)
Disclaimer: Registration is at the AFSP website. It is helpful to AFSP if they have an email address because it is required to register. If you do not have an e-mail address or do not want to disclose it, or if a second person would be using the same address (the AFSP system will not accept 2 addresses the same), please enter a bogus email in the format (i.e., FirstLastName@noemail.com). We apologize to you for this method but this is a requirement to register and we need to know how many will be attending our Walk
If you have any problems registering or setting up your page, you can contact: firstname.lastname@example.org or to Ryan Newcomb – email@example.com or(646)-632-5189. The firstname.lastname@example.org email address is the best to receive technical assistance, as AFSP has multiple people handling that account during the busiest times of year and can provide the fastest assistance there versus emailing someone directly.