Everyone who is coming to the Walk needs to register whether you are walking, sponsoring a walker, or just planning to participate in the Walk activities. We look forward to sharing our 10th Out of the Darkness Community Walk with you.
Registering is important for you!
for the following reasons
- Everyone who is coming to the Walk needs to register whether you are walking, sponsoring a walker, or just planning to participate in being a part of the program. We want a count to be sure we can best accommodate you and also have enough complementary food, drinks, mental health information and handouts.
- If you have any questions or problems in registering, to get help you can email the American Foundation for Suicide Prevention at www.walk.afsp.org or call at 212-363-3500 x2030.
- When you are registered you are officially a part of the Walk, and therefore can be covered under the AFSP insurance coverage.
- After the Walk , if you are registered you can receive a "Certificate of Participation". Many organizations , military commands or individuals request this verification to acknowledge their community involvement. To receive a certificate, click here.
- To have an opportunity to receive the handmade crane quilt.
This is a beautiful gift (not a money-making raffle) that is given in a drawing at the After-Walk picnic.
You can only receive a quilt ticket if you're registered.